The use of electronic cigarettes has become highly popular, and I recently read that up to 4 million Americans are currently using these products. Usage is even higher in European and Asian countries, and electronic cigarettes continue to gain popularity year after year.
I think of e-cigarettes as the middle road between smoking and quitting altogether. While these devices still deliver a dose of nicotine, which is not the best thing for your health, they are also recognized by most people to be a lot safer than traditional smoking. Therefore, if you have been unable to quit smoking altogether, it might make sense for you to transition into using electronic cigarettes since they are the lesser of two evils, so to speak.
Here are some facts about electronic cigarettes that may help you decide whether they are right for you.
- They are new products, so the effects of long term usage are not well known.
- Vaping is significantly less expensive than smoking regular cigarettes.
- Most experts do believe e-cigarettes are safer for your health, but there are still some risks.
- There are many different flavors you can buy, from traditional tobacco flavors to more unusual flavors like chocolate or cheesecake.
- E-liquids are toxic, so make sure you do not ingest them or have them come in contact with your skin.
- For additional pros and cons, check out e-cigbargains.com.
Where should you start?
A good thing for beginners to do is obtain a starter kit from a popular e-cigarette store such as Volcano Ecig. Make sure you utilize an online coupon when you purchase such kits, since this will allow you to get a significant discount on your purchase.